If you are considering or are currently in the market for equity capital it is important to be as knowledgeable as possible regarding angel and venture capital financing. The following resources provide a good foundation for entrepreneurs who are considering equity capital.
Maine Venture Fund Business Resources
- Board Committee Roles: an overview of the roles and responsibilities of the board compensation and audit committee.
- Board Comp Grid: an Excel spreadsheet to help identify the needs of the company vs the backgrounds of current and prospective board members.
- Board Effectiveness Survey Tool: an Excel-based mini survey to compile feedback from board members on how well the board is functioning.
- Board Management Relationship: a sample agreement between a Board and company management outlining the relationship and roles of each.
- Guide on Key Performance Indicators: we take a look at Key Performance Indicators and how to use them to understand, monitor and improve your business performance.
- Guide on Private Company Board of Directors: we take a look how a Private Company Board of Directors can play a central role in putting and keeping your company on track for success
- Guide (and Template) on Reporting to Directors, Advisors & Investors : we provide a template for private companies to use when reporting to investors, board directors or advisors.
In addition to our business guides here are some of our favorite resources to get you started! This list is by no means complete – but it does provide a good foundation for learning more about equity capital: